Thursday 15 January 2015

Analysis of institution that would publish my magazine

International publishing media corporation, owned by Time INC, is a British publishing company that sell over 350 million copies of their consumer magazine a year. The company was renamed in 2000 to IPC media from IPC magazines as they developed new divisions and now own over 60 well-known brands. The company is split into separate divisions some of which include,
IPC connect which is aimed at the women’s market with magazines such as Now and Woman’s weekly, IPC Inspire with magazines aimed at men such as Rugby world and very successful music magazine NME and IPC Southbank which is targeted at more ‘upmarket’ women featuring magazines such as Marie Claire and Look.


I believe that IPC would be a good institution to publish my magazine as they offer a wide range magazine genres but nothing with a direct female indie focus meaning that my magazine would be unique and attract new audiences for them. The company has lots of experience with different kinds of magazines and in particular with the successful music magazine, NME; this means their producers would know what sells well and does not, where it should be distributed and how I can make my magazine successful. However, I do not know which of the subcategories my magazine would fit into as although it will be mainly targeted at women it is not in the same style as the other popular magazines produced in IPC Connect and therefore it may not fit here. Beings one of the UK’s leading publishing companies and being based in London, which is popular for having the most up-to-date and popular fashion and music, I believe it is the best company to publish my magazine that should fit within the same music category as NME but the same style as offered by their best women’s lifestyle magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment