Wednesday 14 January 2015

Font ideas


The font is one of the most important choices for my magazine as it will be the first thing that the reader sees when they pick up the magazine to look at the title. The font should be attractive and stand out on the main cover; it should be easy to read but can be different for different areas of the magazine.
For my cover page I want to use a denser font that stands out from the background. The font will be positioned at the top of my page and so will stand out if I use a thicker font so I may decide to use ‘jagger SF’ or ‘Cario SF’ as they will be similar to magazines such as clash and dazed & confused which have a shorter headline but a bolder font to ensure that it fits across the top of the page.
For my contents header and double page spread I may choose something like ‘Gothic 720 Lt BT’ which is simpler than the font for my cover page but provides a more classic effect. This is suitable as my contents page and double page spread will be busier than my cover page and so the title does not need to stand out as much or be highlighted by the style of it.

I believe that the fonts I have chosen will fit with my chosen style of magazine, indie, and match the magazine styles that I like from the research I have conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment