Friday 9 January 2015

Preliminary magazine

Cover page:

Contents page:

I took inspiration from an interview Volkskrant magazine for the cover of my magazine as i used a similar font to make my writing look traditional and classic as well as using the same design for the main picture as they had used a long shot of their model and placed her on top hiding some of the writing. I chose to cut round the main image which i had chosen to use a mid shot rather than a long shot to give me a better quality image that would better fit the space and position it on top of my writing. Also i added a black footer to place the inside topics onto as well as the bar code. The writing for my title and header were contrasting colours to the background image to make them stand out as well as showing that they represent different things and if i were to create more editions of this magazine the black main title would remain the same but the white writing would change. I kept my contents page very simple to allow the main focus to be on the picture but i made the numbers of the page larger to make them stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment