Wednesday 14 January 2015

Style of my magazine

Style of my magazine

The style that I want my magazine to be in is indie. This is because I am already interested in the colours, fashion and music that this genre provides and therefore I believe I will be able to make a good magazine around this. I have created a music playlist, see beneath blog archive, of my favourite tracks that fit with this genre in order to consider some artists that could feature in this kind of magazine.
There are several styles of magazine that I like and so will influence my magazine. I like the way that Dazed & Confused magazine commonly use a mid-shot of the artist on their cover and then positions them either on top or below of the title depending on what is featured at the top of the image.
However, I also like how the image that is used on Clash magazines takes up a lot of the space on the front cover and so I think that I will use this idea on my magazine as I do not want to have a lot of blank space. Colour is also used on the background of some Clash magazines which looks more attractive and appealing to me so I may consider doing this with my magazine. I want my title to fit across the top of my page like the previously mentioned magazines have and the text to fit around the image rather than overlapping it. I also wish to have a more unusual double page spread as I want the emphasis to remain on the image which will feature large on these pages, like the example from rolling stones magazine below,  whilst the writing remains neat and clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment